October 25, 2016 at 7:24 pm · Nate Porter
At Williamsburg Assisted and Independent Living, we are often asked if we “get used” to our Grandfriends leaving us. The answer is simply, “no”. We have the blessed opportunity to care for and become acquainted with amazing people and their families. These incredible people have beautiful stories. They worked hard, changed lives, and made a difference in this world.
This past week we gave our farewell to an amazing Grandfriend, Cora. She was a nurse in the military, loved gardening, animals, and most of all people. She always stood up for people that didn’t have a voice. She was always grateful and kind no matter what! .
She always gave the best advice…..
* Flowers make everything beautiful! (She always had a flower in her hair, she grew up surrounded by nature, flowers, and apple trees)
* Treat everyone with kindness, no matter what!
* ALWAYS be grateful, because there is always something to be grateful for. There is beauty everywhere if we just look for it.
* Never stop learning, no matter what your age. Education is important!
* Stand up for people you care about, and even the ones you don’t know….yet!
* Animals are the best therapy! She had Therapy dogs, and they helped soothe the hearts of countless people.
While we understand that we only have a short time with these amazing people, we are truly grateful for their lives, service and love. Thank-you to all our Grandfriends, family, friends, and community members that make Williamsburg Assisted and Independent Living an awesome place. We can’t thank you enough for sharing your special loved ones with us!
Please come visit us at Williamsburg Assisted and Independent Living in Logan, Utah.
132 West 300 North Logan, UT 84321
Like and Follow Us on Facebook
Read more Comments Off on Grandfriends